There are so many different types of proteins out there that it can be overwhelming and confusing to find the best fit for you. This is why HFR has put together a list of the Top 10 Protein Supplements– so you can choose the right one for you. It is easy to add these to smoothies, oatmeals, and even yogurt for some of the healthiest protein supplements!
For Those Who Workout:
- Whey: basic, inexpensive, and available in numerous varieties and flavors quick-absorbing, which makes it a great choice post-workout promotes lean muscle growth, fat loss, and cardiovascular health most popular type according to taste/quality/cost note: milk-derived and not preferred at night.
- Casein (milk protein): slowly absorbed, taking 5-7 hours for full breakdown offers benefits similar to whey, is great nighttime snack.
- Egg Whites (Albumin): rich in vitamins and minerals, especially vitamins A, B, and D fat-free great for using in omelets as a substitute or addition to regular eggs.
- Soy: contains all amino acids helps reduce LDL cholesterol and risk of heart disease. The soybean may improve bone health and immune function. (Disclaimer: The scientific community is split on whether soy products are good or bad for health, with half of studies praising soy products and the other half disagreeing- we will let you decide for yourself how you feel about them.)
- Hemp: derived from cannabis plant seeds, is high in fiber, contains GLA and SDA, forms of omega and linolenic acid that help the body convert omega 3 and omega 6 benefits more efficiently, and boosts all amino acids and essential fatty acids
- Spirulina: comes from cyanobacterium, a natural form of algae, is the richest beta-carotene food, and is extremely high in chlorophyll, which means it is great for removing toxins and fighting against disease. Also loaded with antioxidants, iron, vitamin B12, and several other nutrients.
- Chlorella: like spirulina, it is derived from algae, which means it is detoxifying, provides B vitamins and iron, is beneficial for reducing blood pressure and healing pain
- Rice Protein: contains complex carbs, vitamin B and E, essential amino acids, and fiber, is found to have identical benefits to whey protein in a recent study.
- Pea Protein: great source of arginine and BCAAs, which help your body maintain muscle, non-GMO, but is deficient in most amino acids, meaning it should be paired with other vegan sources
- Chia or flax seeds: both high in omega fatty acids, offer fiber, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, and a host of other minerals
Article Source : http://www.healthfitnessrevolution.com/top-10-protein-supplements/